Sunday, May 8, 2011

So how are things with Juanita

Let’s not talk about love.
– Heather Nova

Should I tell you?
Oh but the risks of that!

I’m afraid I could be overbearing,
heavy-handed,

speak my heart to soon,
clumsily and politically incorrect,

pushing you away
rather than getting closer.

What is the current
universally accepted way

to go about love?
If it’s right, it’ll grow

by itself, I’ve been told.
But also this:

You’ve got to work on it,
and it takes two to tango.

Should I tell you?
Oh but the risks of that!

– Leonard “In and Out of Love” Blumfeld (© 2011)

Posted for One Single Impression and the all-important topic of Love.

Complete lyrics of Let's not talk about love by Heather Nova.

5 comments:

Harshad Mehta said...

Should I tell you......it made me smile!

Anonymous said...

original...nice words!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the risk of telling would be a good thing!

Jingle said...

sounds like a forbidden thing.
well expressed love views,

The Poet said...

Smiling...you captured the uncertainty of love perfectly.
Well done!