Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Proverbs from the Chinese VI

Never surrender or let any impact of fate deject you.

This Chinese proverb again happens to include the 3 words from 3WWeject, impact, render. Well, two of them only sort of. Pretty sound advice this time around, I'd say. Best fortune cookie quality.

Thank you, Andy Sewina, for your suggestion to complete the proverb. Now it reads like an Allen Ginsberg-style American Sentence indeed.

Dedicated to Sadhana, who has exactly this attitude.

– Leonard "Impacted Again" Blumfeld

6 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Eject is kind of there, but I don't see render at all. Yeah, good advice, but doing so tends to leave one feeling disconnected.

Great use of three words. I hope you'll check out my attempt.

andy sewina said...

Nicely done, I think the chinese translation actually read: Never surrender to or let any impact of fate deject you. Which could also be counted as an Allen Ginsberg style American Sentence.

NaiSaiKu Time

Shauna said...

this is a healthy attitude, rendered
on the cookie.

gautami tripathy said...

Original use of the 3 words!!

jumpstart

World So Wide said...

Thank you all for stopping by and commenting. Alice made me realize I'd forgotten the 'render' part, and Andy supplied the solution.

Medhini said...

More easily said than done... but there's a ray of hope....